Re: Help! mgetty & ppp won't play together

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 10:02:56AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote
> Bob Billson wrote:
> >
> [cut]
> >
> > # Every regular user can use PPP and has to use passwords from /etc/passwd
> > #*      molec3  ""      *
> > rich    molec3  ""      *            <--the only user allowed to run ppp
> Substitute a real username and your machine name here.

I have absolutely no idea why, but my slink boxes with ppp-pam
installed require an extra field in pap-secrets for dial-in PPP
to work, like so:
 rich    molec3  ""      * *

If you still have problems after changing "molec3" to your hostname,
try that.

To any PPP experts out there who know what I'm talking about,
please tell me what this extra field signifies so I can sleep
at night...

Bye for now,

John P.
--