lilo to a different device

alright, maybe I went about this whole thing the wrong way, but I started out w/
a debian system, then a few months later, decided to add a windows disk to play
games not supported under linux.
so, I take out my linux disk, put the clean disk as the master, and install
windows on that.  everything works.
then I put the linux disk back on, slavify the windows disk and add the line in
lilo:
other=/dev/hdb1
	label=win
re-run lilo and I get
added linux *
added win
reboot the computer, and when I try to boot win, I get a system disk error.  I'm
assuming this is cuz windows is not the first disk and I'v heard bad things
happen when you try to boot a windows that isn't on the first disk.
after a bit of scariness (a long story, fixed w/ the hair of my chinny chin
chin) I come to the conclusion that I have to run lilo, and get it to install
the mbr on the windows disk (which is now /dev/hdb, but will be /dev/hda)

I can't just change the fstab and lilo.conf to say linux is on hdb and win is on
hda (that's what got me into the trouble to begin w/), I actually need to
_force_ lilo to install itself on /dev/hdb (I am 99.999% sure of this, but very
open to correction).  the man page has nothing about this, and deja is a little
sparten too...anyone out there in this vast debian knowledge pool know what I
need to do?
thanks

ps. if I've been a little confusing, please email me directly (digest takes to
long) and I'll be more thurough in my explaination. thanks

---
Peter Moody
Assisant Network Administator
peter@mail.tapestry.net