Re: Two ethernet cards

George Bonser wrote:-

> If both cards are PCI there really should not be a problem. Try swapping the
> order of the cards in the PCI bus and see if that helps.

Hmmm, yes they are both PCI - swapping the card order made no difference -
the same card gets recognised first, and the second one ignored.

Does this indicate a hardware problem?

> Just curious, why are you using the different drivers for the two cards? Can't
> they both use the same one?

Yes, I now think (from the manufacturer's website) that they can both
use the tulip driver, but it seems to just ignore the second one
(presumably because they share I/O address).  Using the other Dec
driver, with which it seems compatible too, was what actually threw up
an error message, making me think that was the true driver.

Neil.