Re: Pulled /home from / to New File Sys

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 robbie@scot-mur.demon.co.uk wrote:

 : On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 06:24:44PM -0400, William T Wilson wrote:
 : > Note that when moving filesystems it is best to use either tar or cpio.
 : > cp will get things subtly wrong much of the time.
 : What does cp get wrong? I havmoved entire systems using cp with no
 : problems yet.

device files (tar blows on those too).  I don't think cp gets files with
"holes" right either (but I could be wrong).

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD