Re: Reading Word format files?

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> Abiword (at least the version in potato) seems to handle this just fine
> (also .rtf).

In reaction to this message I have downloaded the potato source and
compiled it (after having some problems with bugs in the source package)
but it does not read .doc files.  It also does not give msword as one of
the options under the "save as" menu.  Only .abw, .rtf, .txt and .html are
supported.  A few tries to load .doc files all failed.

Johann.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet
      not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I
      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
      of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                                         Galatians 2:20