Pulled /home from / to New File Sys

I ran out of space on /, so I decided to pull /home into its own
partition.  I created /dev/hda8 and made an ext2 file sys there.
I then mounted /dev/hda8 on /mnt, and issued 'cp -rp /home/* /mnt'

This looked good, so I changed /etc/fstab to reflect this new home
for /home, and rebooted.

I'm happy in my new /home, but I want to clean out my old /home.
'df -h /' still shows a full file sys, yet 'du -hs /home' shows over
2M.  I'm assuming that 2M is still hiding under / somewhere,
but how do I get at it?