Re: /var mounted noexec

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Indeed.  I didn't really understand the point (I DO mount /var/tmp,
> /tmp, and /home noexec on some servers ...)

I find that noexec is only useful on NFS-mounted filesystems if you are
trying to prevent spoofing.  There's really not a benefit in preventing
normal users from making executables as they are confined within their
permissions anyway.  I guess it would mess up the script kiddies, but it
won't be more than an annoyance to a real cracker.