Re: can't send mail back and forth between debian & local domain

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 08:49:25AM -0500, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> Mark mentioned,

> > On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 12:20:12PM -0500, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> > > I can send mail from  my debian box to anywhere except my local domain.

> > You don't provide any details of your configuration - which MTA are you
> > using (smail?), and how did you set it up?

> visible_name=hawkins.cba.uni.edu
> more_hostnames=localhost
> -domains
> hostnames=hawkins.cba.uni.edu:uni.edu
>                               ^^^^^^^^

> hmm, is this it?

Could well be.  I don't know smail, but I'd guess that says "mail for
hawkins.cba.uni.edu and uni.edu is handled locally".  Try removing the
:uni.edu from the hostnames option.

> hmm, so this is coming from my machine?  I had interpreted the text as coming from uni.edu.

It looks like it comes from your machine.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/