RE: SB16 pnp

		While the others probably have more sound advice (no pun
intended) one thing I just dealt with was the devices.  It said that it
would create the necessary ones (/dev/sndstat, /dev/audio, etc) but my
installation did not for some reason.  Had to use the script at the end of
the readme.Linux in (I believe) /usr/src/2.0.36/drivers/sound in order to
create them.  After having the support in the kernel, worked just fine

		On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 08:41:38AM +0200, Gustavo Gonzalez
wrote:
		> Hi to all,
		>
		> I turned to Debian recently. I installed Debian 2.1
(slink) with the
		> stable kernel 2.0.36 (and I didn't upgrade it to 2.2.x)
and it works
		> fine to my purposes (math computations and multivariate
analysis). I
		> installed my printer and configured my internet connection
by modem via
		> kppp (KDE) wiithout problems. However I cannot get sound
from my sound
		> card. I have a typical Creative SB16 PnP. I tried
isapnptools to
		> suitable configure it without success. I though about
disabling the BIOS

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null

		--
		Brian Lavender