Re: Good practice (defaults, rxvt)

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 11:26:03AM +0200, Joakim Svensson wrote:
> I am currently using rxvt. (What term do
> you all use ? and why? )

here is the line that i have in my windowmaker toolbar thingy icon:
rxvt -bg black -fg darkgrey -ls -title amidala

(Funny, I thought I used to have -n amidala in there tooo..... <shrug>)

I like rxvt since it takes less memory than xterm, less memory than kterm,
less memory than eterm, less memory than gterm, etc. All that, and I can get
a nice black background, text that isn't so bright, and easy-to-change font
sizes (shift++ and shift+- from the numpad)

I have yet to try nxterm that one sees from all the redhat screenshots -- it
might have lower memory usage, it might not. I am happy enough now that I
have a good black background in an application with low overhead. :)

(At times I wonder hwy I bought a color monitor and video card... my X is
normally full of these rxvts, black, and dark grey.... heheh :)

(Oh yeah, if memory is a big concern of yours, use the -e flag to rxvt to
start up the command directly, rather than starting it from a bash -- for a
savings of about a meg! (Is this concern over memory silly when I have 128?
:) :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!