Re: printing problem

Yes,

I enabled support for PC-styled hardware when I recompiled the kernel
with modular support for the parallel port. I successfully used modconf
to insert the modules

parport
and
parport_pc

If I do an lsmod I get

debian:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
parport_pc              5528   0  (unused)
parport                 6612   0  [parport_pc]
tulip                  23396   1
sb                     31924   0  (unused)
uart401                 5628   0  [sb]
sound                  55048   0  [sb uart401]
soundcore               2196   6  [sb sound]

I check /var/log/messages and I see

Sep 10 01:57:57 debian kernel: parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP]

but I see no lp0 as I see on my Slackware box in its /var/log/messages

What am I missing here?

brian

--
Brian Lavender