Re: Portable printer for Linux?

On 09 Sep 1999, David Jardine wrote:
> I have an old Canon BJ-10ex and it's the only thing I ever got to work on
> Linux.  However, I don't know where you might find one today.
>
> David Jardine

This is just the problem I have with buying printers to use with Linux.
The available lists of compatible printers seem to be out of date; I
cannot find any information about most of the printers on sale here.
This makes buying a printer something of a gamble. I recently bought a
Brother HL-1040 and was lucky in that it works perfectly, but now I need
a portable model and am not confident about it.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux - Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)