SB16PnP doesn't work

Hi to all,

I turned to Debian recently. I installed Debian 2.1 (slink) with the
stable kernel 2.0.36 (and I didn't upgrade it to 2.2.x) and it works
fine to my purposes (math computations and multivariate analysis). I
installed my printer and configured my internet connection by modem via
kppp (KDE) wiithout problems. However I cannot get sound from my sound
card. I have a typical Creative SB16 PnP. I tried isapnptools to
suitable configure it without success. I though about disabling the BIOS
PnP option , but I prefer to send this query to the group befor acting.
Would someone help me please? Ay ideas?

Thank you in advance

--

A. Gustavo Gonzalez   linux user #101379
Universidad de Sevilla