Re: Need " " in a label, in a plot.

I know you got around your problem, but...

Patrik Magnusson wrote:

> I've been using 'gnuplot' and 'gri' for a while to produce neat-looking
> plots. 'gnuplot' for the simpler stuff, and 'gri' whenever I needed greek
> letters in the labels.
>
> Last night I got stuck. I need an "ä" (a with two dots above) in one of the
> labels.
>
> In the docs for 'gri' there used to be a list of what symbols you could get
> if you used $\something$ but this list appears to have disappeared.

See the Info Node: `Mathematical Text' for allowed stuff.
Unfortunately, accented characters are not included.

However, If it be be done in PostScript, it can be done in Gri.
I looked into the iso-latin font encoding in Postscript and
figured out out to make PostScript display their characters
correctly.  I have sent the PostScript snippets to Dan Kelley,
the author of Gri, and he says he'll include this in a new
version shortly.  We might have to do something like:

 set font "helvetica-isolatin"
 draw label "bonne journée" at \
   ..xmargin.. {rpn ..ymargin.. ..ysize.. + .5 +}  3 cm

to get it to work, but it will work shortly.

Peter Galbraith (Debian maintainer for Gri)