Re: IBM Thinkpad or a Toshiba?

On 09 Sep 1999, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend is thinking of buying a new laptop and putting Debian on it.
> Have you any recommendations on which one to get?  He is currently
> vacillating between getting the IBM Thinkpad and getting a Toshiba.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

I'm using Debian on a Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT and am happy with it. In
fact I use it as an alternative to a desktop, with an external keyboard
and monitor.

For details about setting it up, see my website:

	http://www.achc.demon.co.uk/linux

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux - Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)