OT: using printtool under Debian

Hi there,

    today I was following a suggestion sent here and installed RH's
printtool using alien... The installation goes fine (except it wants
control-panel also installed, but this is also easy to do), but then
when I try to add and configure my printer here I find some problems:

1) It complains that it won't find './printerdb' (but keeps running)

2) When I choose 'select' on 'Input Filter', it comes with an error
(because of the previous error, I think)...

3) When I try to print a test ASCII page it comes with: 'couldn't
execute ¨lpr¨: no such file or directory'...

Is there a way to get round all this? ;-?

TIA,

Guilherme Zahn