Re: ide disks > 8.4gb

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 05:25:29AM -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> My problem was that the fdisk program on the slink resc1440 image only
> saw the first 8.4 gb of my drive.  The fact that this was a problem in

Not true, two weeks ago I temporarily set up slink on WD 13GB. What you need
to know is the final cylinder. In my case, I partition it with windows first,
tha box come with windows. So I know the final cylinder, ie 1581. In
slink-fdisk, I use x then c to set cylinder to 1581.

BTW, I used LBA mode in BIOS.

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| visit my web site (not yet finished)                                        |
| http://hilbert.anu.edu.au/~chanop/                                          |
|           FreeBSD           PGP available upon request                      |