Re: quake2 / gl problems

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 10:14:10PM -0400, David Blackman wrote:
> Don't run gl quake from xwindows, run it from the command line, quake2 is
Have tried this too, seems the only gl support I can get is with ref_glx.so,
When I start it from X if full screen it starts but color is VERY Bad; if in
window everything works - except slow frame rates. When I try to start from cl
with no X proc running... I get only ref_soft. I am dumb founded. It seems my
banshee server is the key. I did make the mistake of upgrading my vesa bios in
windows so stuff would be comliant with newer windoze drivers. I was very
impatient to play quake2 with GL.

--

Ben Lutgens - Finger for public PGP key.