Re: Missing functions in debian's packaging system

Joey (or anyone else) what would be involved in writing such a beast? I sort
of like perl, and would like to contribute back to debian in some fashion..
(Sorry, not a C coder... I should learn one of these days.. :)

:)

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 11:47:15PM -0600, Scott Barker wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 10:00:55PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > joey@kite:/lib/modules/2.2.12>apt-cache search quake
>
> Cool. Thanks. Now, all we need is a switch to apt or dpkg to remove forward
> dependent packages (so, for example, one could remove communicator-smotif-407,
> and all packages it depended upon, except those needed by other packages).
>
> --
> Scott Barker       scott@mostlylinux.ab.ca
> Linux Consultant   http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott
>
> Looking for a husband? Know anyone looking for a husband? Well, I'm looking
> for a wife. See http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/wife.shtml
>
> Want a good deal on a personal computer in Calgary, Alberta, Canada?
> Visit http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/computers.shtml
>
> [ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]
>
> "We're going to use prototypes?!?  Oh. My. God!"
>    - Josh Pritikin

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!