RE: Server

Dan,

Not sure what remote means.  Telnet works pretty good.  All windows
platforms ship with a passable telnet client.  Debian starts telnet on it's
own.  One windows, start -> run and type "telnet IP_Number".

Do note your password is cleartext.  I recommend upgrading to Teraterm and
SSH for debian if telnet is run across internet.

Serial support via terminal program is built in ...

paul