Re: How do you apt-get WORDVIEW?

Manuel Arenaz Silva wrote:

> Kent West wrote:
>
> > Manuel Arenaz Silva wrote:
> > >
> > > It is very interesting to be able to view Microsoft Word files under
> > > Linux. What must I include in my apt/source.list in order to install the
> > > program "wordview"? What is the name of the corresponding package?
> >
> > Your normal location for .deb packages should work I would think. The
> > package name is mswordview.
>
> The problem is that I still haven't used apt-get, so I don't know which is "a normal
> location for .deb packages" because I don't anyone. Could you pleasa tell me which is
> the content of your apt/source.list
> file?
>
> Thanks.

It depends on whether you're installing from CD or ftp or what. I'm on
an ethernet LAN connected to a T1, so I use apt-ftp and pull my stuff
from the network. My sources.list looks like:

deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian unstable main contrib non-free

Notice that I'm pulling from unstable; you might not want to if you
don't want to run the risk of hosing your system.

After setting your sources.list, run
apt-get update
in order to update apt's local list of available packages, then run
apt-get install <packagename>
in order to install whatever package.