Having a couple of odd problems...

First (running potato updated this morning, 7-Sep-99 0800 CDT:

	There's a postscript printer hanging off an NT server.  I can
print ASCII to it just fine via smbclient.  However, every postscript
job I send to the printer is printed on legal-size paper.

	I have explicitly sized the PS jobs via psresize.  There are
no odd filters in /etc/printcap:

lp:\
        :lp=/dev/null:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :if=/usr/local/bin/smbprint:

	If I move the PS jobs to an NT client machine, they print via
ghostscript there just fine, on letter-sized paper.  None of the PS
jobs are requesting legal-size.  This worked up until last week, and
the NT admins disavow any changes.

Second:

	I've put a server for my home network together out of spare
parts; it's a 486 system but will suit my needs.  I already have
another 486-based infrastructure system running on this network.

	All installation floppies were created with the 2.1
installation CDROM dated 3-3-99, burned from one of the official CDROM
images.

	The system boots the Rescue Floppy fine; partitions the HD
fine, mounts and installs the Rescue Floppy just fine.  However, the
system fails to recognize the Drivers Floppy when inserted.

	Yes, I'm sure it's the correct disk.  Yes, I checked via mdir
on another box.  Yes, I tried more than one floppy.  No, there's no
CDROM in this box (I was intending to do an NFS install).

	I've done several dozen installations from this set of CDROMs
and I've never had this particular problem.

	Any insight into either of these problems would be
appreciated.

--
Cerebus <cerebus@sackheads.org>
"Sapere Aude"