Re: Sound Woes

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 05:15:37PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> I have successfully configured sound on a couple of Debian boxes, but
> only as a result of hit&miss luck. On this box with an AudioPCI 64
> (Ensonique 1371 I believe), I haven't had any success.
>
> When I run "make menuconfig", I specified that sound support should be
> loaded as a module, and that the Ensonique 1371 should be loaded as a
> module. Do I also need to load the OSS drivers? Or are they only needed
> if the sound card is not listed in the list above the OSS drivers (which
> is what I understood to be the case)?

I have the same card, but I compiled the ES1371-driver not as module. IIRC you have to define aliases for the sound driver in /etc/conf.modules if you want to use it as module.

Here, with the driver compiled directly into the kernel it works fine with no other configuration at all, except for that the card does not support midi.

HTH

Tobias
--
   ----            e-mail: tzimpel@startrek-web.de