Re: File system questions

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 08:46:48AM +0200, Tamas.GAIDOSCH@kpmg.hu wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Is there a way to read/write an NTFS drive in slink?
> > (I coud not find a driver in modconf.)

You need to recompile the kernel. I'm not sure about 2.0.x, but 2.2.x has
NTFS support for sure - AFAIK only readonly support is considered stable,
but rw is also there "for the brave" :)

> > How can I use the nls_* file system types?  I guess I need
> > nls_cp852 and/or nls_iso8859_2 for Hungarian nls support,
> > but I found no difference after I installed them.

Luckily I'm Polish, so i need iso-8859-2 as well :)
>From what i remember from reading the docs some long time ago these modules
are only helpful (but not essential) for use with the msdos-like
filesystems (msdos,vfat) - so you can see your national chars in file NAMES.
The modules themselves do not work after installing, you'll need special
mount options for them, to be active.
I've got:

defaults,noatime,nodev,umask=000,quiet,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-2,noexec

in options for my win95 filesystems

read mount(8) for more/accurate info.

hope this helps

Marcin