/tmp permissions?

I was running xdm and kde just happily and I decided to kick up to xdm
windows.  No problem.  Well, for some reason, KDE now complains that it
needs write permissions to the /tmp dir.  What are the permissions and
ownership supposed to be for /tmp and does anyone know HOW the permissions
could've gotten changed?

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu   1999-00 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
ICQ# 2325055                        |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
                                    |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O
"Shackles cannot keep me bound      |          A REAL Man's OS!
 forever.  I'm outta here."         |