Re: Revisit Large Hard Drives

Well, I amrunning my debian from a 14.4 gig IBM drive... (its fast :)

I did have some troubles -- many things thought it was a seven gig drive,
but sooner or later I convinced fdisk how big it was, and haven't had
trouble since, despite the kernel still reporting it a 7 gigger at boot.

<shrug>

One thing that might be a good idea -- make a 20-30 meg /boot partition on
/dev/hd[abcd]1 to store your kernels in. That way, lilo will always be able
to find them. I haven't had trouble with that, but .. not a bad step to
take, when it is so easy. :)