Re: Fetchmail for all users

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@cos.ufrj.br> wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> 	at home, I have my brothers and I want to do the following thing:
> 	when PPP goes up fetchmail get all the mail from them  and store
> 	in /var/spool/mail/paulo pedro luiz ....
> 	So I have to have a .fetchmailrc for root with all the accounts? in
> /root?
> 	Thanks,		Paulo Henrique

I had the same problem a while ago and it was solved by users of this
mailing list.

I use exim, so get exim to filter mail into folders for me. On my
system, I have a user 'sah1' so in my ~/.forward file I have this
section:

if $header_to: contains "sah1"
then deliver sah1

You would need a section for each user:

# Exim filter

if error_message then finish endif
logfile $home/eximfilter.log

if $header_to: contains "pedro"
then deliver pedro

elif $header_to: contains "luiz"
then deliver luiz

endif

If you are not using exim, you can add something to your .fetchmailrc,
but I am not sure what. In my case I do not need to run fetchmail as
root, just as my normal self.

--
Phillip Deackes
Debian Linux (Potato)