Re: Cannot print from StarOffice

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> (Please CC: me on replied. Thanks.)
>
> I am at wit's end here -- I have a `network' installation of StarOffice 5.1
> here at home for use by myself and my wife. It works fine, but just won't
> print. I even re-downloaded 5.1 again, and reinstalled, but no luck.  The
> machine is current potato with lpd and magicfilter installed and working.
>
> Does anybody out here have an idea?
There's a couple of possibilities that come to mind.

1. All the printer setup (icon in the StarOffice desktop) in the network
install MUST be done as "root".
2. Seems like I remember (though I'm not sure from where) that
StarOffice recognizes "lp" and "lpr" as the print commands not "lpd".
Hope this helps.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems