Re: SoundBlaster 16 PNP WaveEffects help needed

Ok, I got sound working. In fact I believe I discovered an UNWANTED FEATURE
in
# modconf

When I first tried to use modconf to insert the module, I
specified the wrong parameters and the module installation failed. The
modconf utility wrote the parameters to /etc/conf.modules anyway and when
I DID actually specify the correct parameters with modconf or manually
using the modprobe command, the old parameters in /etc/conf.modules were
still in the file. Here is the UNWANTED FEATURE I see in modconf. If a
module installation fails with modconf, it should not write the parameters
to /etc/conf.modules . I suppose I can take a look at fixing it.

Where do I find the source for modconf, and who is the maintainer?

brian