IBM Thinkpad 560 install problem (debian 1.3)

Hello,

I have been reading much information about the Thinkpad 560 and
linux, but have not come across anything that relates to MY problem.

This is my first attempt to install linux ever.  I only have a 1.3
debian distribution on CD, from "Boot" magazine, from 1996.  It may
be that this version will never run on my system, or perhaps someone
out there can help me.  The kernel is 2.0.29_2.0.29-7

When I boot from the "rescue" disk to perform the install, I
type "linux floppy=thinkpad" at the "boot:" prompt.  I then
see:

Then the system resets, just as if I turned it off and on.

Relevent system info is:

BIOS version 04/09/98-IE0ET44
BIOS Part number 97H4075
Machine type-Model 264010U

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I really want to run linux!
I have a 2.1G drive, that I partitioned with DOS fdisk, to have
1G, 900M, and 112M.  I hope to leave Windows95 on the 1G (for now)
put linux on the 900M, and it's swap on the 112M, if that makes
sense.

Many Thanks in advance,

John Miskinis