boot from hd (was RE: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?)

> 2. Said it would make my HD bootable, didn't.  I still boot from floppies so
> if anyone can tell me where to look to change this...  It's not bad because
> I almost never have to reboot :)

What does it do when you try to boot from the HD?

You might take a look at the LILO mini-HOWTO at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html

I've heard that some systems do not like lilo, so this may not work out.
lilo has worked on every system I've tried it on though.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.  I'm sure either myself or
someone else on this list will be happy to help.

Hope this helps,
Patrick