Re: TrueType fonts, xfstt and freefont

"Aaron M. Stromas" wrote:

> thanks to all responders. xlsfonts shows that freefonts are installed.
> i didn't have to use 'type1inst' which is not currently on my machine
> but, i'm guessing, debian package added
>
>      FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/freefont/"
>
> to my /etc/X11/XF86Config.
I did not see this anywhere in this thread.
Be sure to add this line to your /etc/X11/XF86Config  file also.

Fontpath   "unix/:7101"

This will add the truetype fonts to the available  list of fonts for X
windows. You might also search the mail list archives at debian.org
regarding the use of ttf files. There is a great deal of info there on
this subject.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems