Re: libtermcap.so.2

On Tue 08/31/99 01:14AM, Peter Mickle wrote:
> hello,
>
> thanks to anyone who can help...i am running slink (reasonably
> successfully), and i have downloaded a cad/drawing program - octree -
> which requires "libtermcap.so.x". this library doesn't appear to be part
> of the slink distribution that i have installed + i can't find the library
> using dselect (stable main).
>
> is there a reason why i should not install this library?, and if not,
> could someone please point me in the right direction?

There are a couple ways to see what files are contained in what
packages. Unfortunately, I only know one, but it works for me :)

Point your favorite browser to here:

  http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

scroll down to the "Search the Contents of the Latest Release"
search engine and enter the offending file name into the box and hit
Search. For libtermcap.so.2, I got:

  lib/libtermcap.so.2        oldlibs/termcap-compat
  lib/libtermcap.so.2.0.8    oldlibs/termcap-compat

Check if you have the termcap-compat package installed.

hth
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __