Re: debian installation

On Tue 08/31/99 04:21PM, zdrysdal@diagnostic.co.nz wrote:
> Hi
>
> i have just installed slink from scratch but unfortunately i chose the
> wrong network card in the installation process... I now know the correct
> card so my question is... how do i go about setting it up?
>
> is it via ifconfig??

ifconfig is used to set up interfaces, but you need to make sure the
correct module for your NIC is installed beforehand.

I've never done this, so it may not work. If you still have the
default kernel, then maybe you can run modconf, and install the
correct module for your NIC.

Try that and see what happens. Other than that, the only way I know
of would be to compile a new kernel with support for your NIC.

hth
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __