script command question

Hi all:

I'm taking a C class this semester and my instructer want us to use
the script command to verify our work: cat the program, compile it,
and enter test data while scripting.

The program itself is easy to use, but I get control codes embedded
in the file. Things like ^G, ^H, and ^M. Has anyone used this
program (I didn't even know it existed until today), and experienced
the insertion of control characters or know how to prevent it? If
not, no big deal. It'll be an excuse to delve into writing a shell
script to strip them out :)

TIA
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __