Re: Working with mail in /home not /var

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 05:17:15PM -0400, Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote:
> >
> > Hi, is there a simple solution to move folders in
> > /var/spool/mail/$user to /home/$user/mailbox, i'm working with exim and
> > qpopper and symlinks seems not to work.

I'm interested in this also, as I have some problems with quota and
qpopper in /var/spool/mail. If a user reached half+1 of its quota in
filesystem where /var is located, qpopper might fails, because it makes a
copy of the maildrop file to work safely. I just couldn't find any
workaround to this. Putting the user email's directly in /home might help as
I have larger quotas for users there and a overflow of /home wouldn't stop
the whole system.

> One way is to implement a per-user ~/.forward file. Check
> /usr/doc/exim/filters.txt.gz. This has the added benefit of being able
> to allow your users to sort their email as well.

what if a user mess its .forward accidentally or intentionally.

[]s
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21