Re: Diamond Viper Driver ? (was Re: X on a Diamond Viper 770)

*- On 29 Aug, John Carline wrote about "Diamond Viper Driver ? (was Re: X on a Diamond Viper 770)"
> Greg & Heather Vence wrote:
>
>> Which deb's do I need?  W/o the dependancy thing, I'm at a bit of a loss.
>>
>> Thanx -- Greg
>>

> Greg, this thread started with a request for the netgod web address. I assumed
> that you already knew which driver you needed - my mistake ;-)
>
> Let's ask the question again, maybe someone with your card can advise you where
> the best drivers are and how best to download them.
>
> Can anyone with a Diamond Viper 770 help Greg???

I don't have one of these but according to Diamonds web site the card
uses the TNT2 chipset.  I don't know which version of X you are
running but there is official support in the SVGA server from 3.3.4,
which is not at netgod's site.  There is a SVGA server released by
Nvidia(that was incorporated into 3.3.4) that you can get from Nvidia's
web site(Search the debian-user list archives for the location).  You
should just be able to stick the binary in /usr/local/bin and then edit
/etc/X11/Xserver.  You might also be able to do this with the SVGA
server from 3.3.4 with everything else a 3.3.3.1 system, I am not sure.

--
Brian