hi ya hans

> 1) I made the following partitioning.
>    /dev/hda5 50M (for /)
>    /dev/hda6 100M (for SWAP)
>    /dev/hda7 250M (for /var)
>    /dev/hda8 550M (for /usr)
>    /dev/hda9 550M (for /usr/local)
>    /dev/hda10 1500M (for /home)
> 2) I installed the base on /dev/hda5 and I can boot with LILO from /dev/hda3.
> 3) hda7-10 all have a ext2 file system.

are you supposed to be telling lilo that the root
partition is /dev/hda5 ( not hda3 ??

is some other distro or Microsoft occupying hda1, hda2, hda3 ??

if you destroyed /var ( /dev/hda7 )... you might have to
reinstall...

	root# umount /mnt
	root# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt
	root# ls -la /mnt  should look like /var stuff

have fun
alvin