Re: help

Beverley Eyre wrote:
> Hey. I'm new to debian and am totally baffled by the package program.
> I got this addy from the debian webpage.
>
> Is this is regular mail-list? How can I join? Can anyone out there lend
> a hand?

---end quoted text---

Hi Beverly,

Second question first.  Yes, this is a (very active) mail-list.  To
subscribe, send an email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with
the subject line "subscribe".  You will receive a confirmation email,
and can just follow the instructions.

First question.  That's not really a question..  I assume you're referring
to dselect, and it /can/ be quite daunting.  If you can specify exactly
what your particular problem is, I may be able to help.  Dselect is not
exactly intuitive, but pressing ? will give you a terse help menu.

Dselect is well worth the effort to learn, as it is the most powerful
package manager available for any Linux distro (IMHO).

--
Regards,
Steve