Re: OT: How to determine which distro(Debian,RH, etc)?

hi ya mark

> > to find out info about the other machine...
> > why not try the following ??  ( an expect script can gather the info quickly ?
>
> Is this not exactly the purpose of queso?

donno.... i don't go poking around on other people smachines...
but now I want to figure out how to do it...to gather some stats...
( was thinking brute force way w/ expect or perl to extract some info ..

am also looking for "fast ping" that does NOT wait for timeout to
find out that there is no machine at that ip#...

once these demo pieces are working... it'd be fun to run some stats
on various parts of the networks...

have fun
alvin