Re: 2.3.14 kernel bootdisk

Colin, I would suggest you change your mailer to use no more than 80
columns... 76 or so seems standard.

As for the exact reason why your kernel panicked, I can't say. However, IU
have *never* needed to specify init=anything. It could just be me.,. :) but,
most people seem to boot their kernel with lines more like:
root=/dev/fd0
if you want to use the floppy for your root filesystem.

Of course, I ahven't been through your steps, but .. it just seems to me
that the init= bit isn't quite right.

<shrug>