Re: [Debian] Multiport Ethernet boards?

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Nico De Ranter wrote:

> SMC unfortunately only has a dual one (couldn't find anything else on their
> website). But Znyx has exactly what I want and even seems to have good
> support for Linux so I'll probably buy a Znyx Netblaster ZX346Q.

I have been doing a lot of work lately with the Adaptec quad tulip boards.
They work great with 2.2 kernels ... not at all for me with 2.0. They have
an on-board PCI bus with a bridge to the system PCI bus. Shares one
interrupt so it is possible to build a firewall/router with up to 16
security zones on separate physical nets using the motherboards we have to
use.