Re: [LILO] how to boot a second IDE HD?

hi jack

> >    Currently, I'm running linux well on my first
> > IDE HD, but the problem comes when I try to use
> > lilo booting the second IDE HD. Please give me
> > some advices. Thanks :) Oh, by teh way, the first
> > IDE HD (/dev/hda) is the master drive on first
> > IDE controller. The second IDE HD (/dev/hdd) is
> > the slave drive on second IDE controller.

you might need to have a "master" on the secondary
IDE connector... ( some controllers require a master...

- be sure you are pointing to the root partition on hda and hdb..

have fun linuxing
alvn
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com

-
- example /etc/lilo.conf for booting hda and hdd
-

#
# Dual Boot config
#
#       see /usr/doc/lilo-*  for more info
#
boot=/dev/hda
#
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
#
# Boot linux on hda
# ----------
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux-hda
        root=/dev/hda1		# change partition if needed
#       append="mem=128M"
        read-only
#
#
# Boot linux on hdd - slave on secondary IDE controller
# ----------
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux-hdd
        root=/dev/hdd1		# change partition if needed
        read-only
#
#
# Boot Win98