Re: Netscape

"A. M. Varon" wrote:
> Use the libc5 Netscape version. Adam Shand has posted on the debian users
> mailing lists the steps on how to install it. An addendum: Install
> also xlib6g. Without it, netscape will do a "segmentation fault".
>
> I'm a heavy netscape user running on a Debian Potato system. I let it run
> for hours on end, turn on java and javascript, run multiple netscape
> windows and it works really good.

I've been using the libc5 version of 4.5 without any problems
either. I've tried the 4.6 debianized version and had nothing but
problems, thinking it was a 4.6 thing I went back to 4.5. I
installed the libc5 4.6 last night (as per your directions), and
it has behaved itself completely so far. I usually keep netscape
up 24/7 (browser and mail).

My system is a 333 Celeron with 128M running potato. KDE, X
3.3.3, and a Matrox G200.
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __