Re: Talk

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 11:52:10PM +0200, Tony Schonfeld wrote:

> Since i use Debian i can't use talk command
> i've always this message :
>
> [Your party is refusing messages]
>
> Any ideas ?

Tony, I bet we need more info. :) First, were you running another unix/linux
before, and now that you have installed debian it doesn't work? Are you
tryiung to use talk over the network to another host, or are you trying to
use it locally to another user? And, is the other user "mesg y"? Is the
talkd or ntalkd (ytalkd?) daemon installed and running?

My bet, the other user isn't "mesg y".

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!