Re: Anybody keeps pcmcia-cs_3.0.12-?.deb or pcmcia-cs_3.0.10-?.deb ??

|> When I upgraded pcmcia-cs package to 3.0.14, I found my pcmcia
|> network card does not work. It seems the problem is not easy for me
|> to solve because the error messages are complains about "NULL
|> pointers" in the kernel and lots of CPU register error messages are
|> dumped. Since network connectivity is very important for me, I am
|> considering down-grade to pcmcia-cs_3.0.12.  Could you please tell
|> me where I can find any pcmcia-cs_3.0.12-?.deb or anybody keeps
|> this deb file ??  pcmcia-cs_3.0.10 is ok, too.

It's a little hard to tell from what you report, but it sounds like
you may be experiencing a problem identical or similar to one that has
come up on this list a couple of times recently---once reported by me
and once reported by dhugo@reallycool.com. Look at the archives for
this list for July 18th and August 12th and you'll find detailed
reports which will let you see if your problem is the same.

It turned out that the problem has nothing to do with the pcmcia
package itself but was a more general one (which emerges under
conditions that remain mysterious) having to do with kernel 2.0.36 and
the way it manages serial ports.

Which kernel-version are you using?

For me, the problem disappeared when I downgraded from kernel 2.0.36
to 2.0.34 (but continued to use the most up-to-date version of the
pcmcia package).

I'm afraid I've no idea if the problem persists in the 2.2 series of
kernels,

Jim McCloskey