Re: parport0 has no irq.

Marius Aamodt Eriksen hat gesagt: // Marius Aamodt Eriksen wrote:

> Hi, I've set up my system for PLIP, and when I try to load the plip module, I get an error message that parport0 has no IRQ.  When trying to load the module with parameters (i.e. insmod plip irq=5), the system complains that irq is an invalid parameter.

Don't know about plip, but I think you will have to give the parport module
an irq.
Quoting the kernel-docs:

Parport as modules
==================

If you load the parport code as a module, say

        # insmod parport.o

to load the generic parport code.  You then must load the
architecture-dependent code with (for example):

        # insmod parport_pc.o io=0x3bc,0x378,0x278 irq=none,7,auto

to tell the parport code that you want three PC-style ports, one at
0x3bc with no IRQ, one at 0x378 using IRQ 7, and one at 0x278 with an
auto-detected IRQ.  Currently, PC-style (parport_pc) and Sun Ultra/AX
(parport_ax) hardware is supported; more is in the works.

bye
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______