Re: trouble with fdisk and activate the swap

On Thu, 26 Aug, 1999 à 11:49:05AM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Recenltly, I repartitioned my harddisk. What I did is to delete
> 	the swap parttion(/dev/hda2), created a 2gig linux
> 	partition(/dev/hda2), then created a swap partition(/dev/hda3).

[...]
> 	Anyway I did a reboot as suggested. But linux still cannot see the
> 	new swap partitions created, dmesg shows the following:

[...]

> 	 Unable to find swap-space signature
> 	 Unable to find swap-space signature
>
> 	My second question: How do I activate the swap partition??

You could have found the answer in two steps :
  -$ apropos swap
would have listed you all the man pages dealing with swap, then
  -$ man mkswap
would have explained to you all that you needed.

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\