Re: diald and debian..

Michael Fox wrote:

> hiya
>
> Anyone experienced problems with diald and debian.. is it possible that the
> paranoid stuff ran at system startup and the icmplogd will cause issues with
> diald?

I am having a problem with diald causing my system to lock up at boot
time; don't know if that's related to what your friend is experiencing.
It's a Slink system running the 2.0.36 kernel.

Symptoms:  	only happens if it's run at boot and needs to dial out
		doesn't matter what program causes it to dial out

I'm about ready to fetch the source and start digging into it that way.
Or maybe just try a kernel upgrade.