Re: Logitech Mouseman / X

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 09:18:11AM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just got a new computer and cannot get the mouse to work with X no matter what
> I try.  The mouse is 3 buttons, PS/2 and labeled as a Logitech Mouseman.

I've been using MouseMan MousePort Version with ps/2 protocol without any problem in both X and gpm.
This is my XF86config mouse section

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/psaux"

> gpm works fine with it.  X does not.  I have tried every mouse type with it and
> the mouse cursor simply jumps to the top left corner of the screen as soon as it
> is touched.

One work around is to use gpm -R /dev/gpmdata then set X to use device /dev/gpmdata and protocol, IIRC, MouseMan.

hope this help.

Chanop

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                       <chanop@faceng.anu.edu.au>          |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           FreeBSD           PGP available upon request                      |